I’ve gotten a few things from Sephora since the beginning of the year so I will share with you what I got and whether it worked for me. So here we go!
- Hourglass Ambient Light Primer in Mood light – I’m on the hunt for a solid primer that does everything I need – increasing wear time on foundation, oil control, pore filling, helps me win the lottery, the usual. I’d have to win the lottery to justifying buying a full-size of this product, but I enjoyed using the sample.
- Tarte Scrub Clean Cleansing Set – I loved the idea of this little set. I’ve been wanting to try some of the Tarte skincare line, but I have a hard time spending money on skincare products when I’m satisfied with more reasonable priced drugstore products. I thought this set was a great deal. It includes
- cleansing cutie scrubber
- deluxe deep dive cleansing gel
- travel frxxxtion stick 3-in-1 exfoliating cleanser
I loved the little scrubber and will continue to use it. I like the cleanser and exfoliation stick but wouldn’t purchase a full-size of either.
- Sephora Collection Illuminate Palette – I’ve been wanting a highlighter palette, but didn’t want to splurge on the Anastasia Beverly Hills glow kits. I saw this one on Sephora and loved the idea of it. I didn’t pick it up right away and it went out of stock, so I got a notification sent when it was back and bought it within seconds. I reeeeally like this palette. It has a variety of colours and I don’t find the formula too glittery, and it’s easily buildable.
- Benefit Gimme Brow in 3 – I have a travel size of this and love it, and thought I could use a sample size for travelling! I don’t do a lot with my brows, but this really just helps to clean them up and even them out.
- Sephora Collection 10 HR Wear Perfection Foundation – This is another sample I chose. I tried it out in 020 light, but there are two other colours in the sample. I loved this foundation and I’d consider buying a full-size of this product.
- Smashbox Lid Primer in Light – I have the world’s greasiest eyelids and am constantly looking for something that will keep my eyeshadow in place. I saw this in the 100 point perks and thought I would give it a try. I like it so far but needs some more testing.
- Bite Beauty Matte Creme Lip Crayon in Pastille – If you haven’t heard from me here, here, here, and here – I love Bite Beauty lipsticks, and when I saw this in the 100 point perks I had to pick it up in this gorgeous dusty mauve colour. It’s still great. This colour is amazing. Just get one.
- Benefit They’re Real Double the Lipstick in Lusty Rose – I find the whole They’re Real line from Benefit a little gimmicky. I love the mascara, but the eyeliner is hard to work with, the eyeshadows are pretty odd and are pricey at that, and the lipsticks seemed a little odd. I picked this up with a promo code because I love testing out new lipsticks. The ‘draw’ with it is that it is supposed to work as a lipliner and lipstick. It has a tear drop shape to act as the liner. The formula is creamy, but I don’t know if the gimmick is really worth it. The colour is nice, but the floral fragrance is a little overwhelming for me.
- Sephora Collection Luster Matte Lipstick in Nude Pink Luster – I tried out this formula in store and was really impressed with it, I got Nude Pink Luster because it was on sale (yay!). I love this! The colour is perfect for spring and the formula is comfortable and creamy.
- Sweet Peach Creamy Lip Oil in Pure Peach – I got this as another 100 point perk. I’m not into spending a lot of money on lip glosses, but there’s been so much hype around the peach line and I wanted to try it out. I didn’t like it at first, I thought the colour was too light and the formula was patchy. It’s grown on me since then. The peach scent was nice, but could be overbearing if you have issues with scents. I don’t think I’d purchase a full size, but I’ll enjoy the sample while it lasts.