- Blue Jays Win! – The Blue Jays took their first series against the Yankees, and their second series against the Orioles, taking 2 games in each.
- Ri-Dickey-lous – RA had a really solid first start of the season. He walked a lot of batters, but that’s pretty par for the course. He pitched a solid 6 1/3, before receiving a no decision after the bullpen coughed up the lead. This was also the first start in 55 games that Josh Thole wasn’t behind the plate, which was the longest battery streak in the league.
- Joey Bats is Cold – My boy Jose has been struggling as of late at the plate after an excellent spring. Have no fear, Bautista will get his bat back, he proved this with Friday’s 3-hit performance, and a 2-run homerun on Sunday.
- The Rookie(s) – Let’s talk about these rookies. Thursday night was the first time since 1969 that two players under 22 recorded their first MLB win and first MLB save in one game. Daniel Norris and Miguel Castro were on fire last night. Let’s not forget about Roberto Osuna, who has managed to strike out Alex Rodriguez, a guy who has been in the league longer than Osuna has been alive, every time he’s seen him (aka twice). Devon Travis, the new second baseman, got himself a homerun on his very first MLB hit.
- 200 – Mark Buehrle yet again proved his dominance as a pitcher in the MLB by recording his 200th win on Friday afternoon, with a 6-inning, 2-run performance.
- Opening Day! – Happy Opening Day everyone!!! The Blue Jays are treating us to some new things this season, such as: new concessions! free wifi! new field! tightened security! Enjoy everyone who is going!