After a year off, I’m really looking forward to going back to school. I graduated with my degree in May 2013, and more or less inadvertently took the year off. It was a struggle to figure out what I was going to do, but then I realized I needed a little more schooling to really do what I want. My favourite part of going back to school is obviously the opportunity to do some back-to-school shopping. I really need to replenish my wardrobe after a year of exclusively wearing yoga pants. Here are a few things I am eyeing for September.
1. Black Suede Wedges – I need a pair of shoes like this. I’m pretty small, so I want something to give me a little height without having to risk a broken ankle to get it. I would prefer them in nude, but the black is just as versatile, and the strap gives them a nice touch.
2. Patterned Kimono Jacket – Sadly, this jacket from Forever 21 is sold out. It’s a cute alternative to a cardigan that can be taken from day to night in a cinch. It would also probably look great with yoga pants (I can’t give them up completely.)
3. Floral Keds – I love love love keds. They’re cute, versatile, and incredibly comfortable. I am obsessed with the Taylor Swift collection from the popular shoe company. I bought a pair of plain black ones recently, but I’d like another colourful pair in my wardrobe.
4. Tote Bag – This one is a pipe dream. I really would like a large black tote for school this year. I’m in a professional program, and I would like to upgrade from a backpack. At nearly $300, I probably won’t splurge for this Kate Spade one, but a girl can dream.
5. Naked Eyeshadow Palette – I’m probably not going to drop $54 on this any time soon. I adore the colours in this original palette, and they would work very well with my colouring. I like that the colours aren’t super brash or outlandish. I don’t usually get too crazy with my make-up, especially in the daytime.
6. Black Skinny Jeans – Again, versatility is key here. Black jeans are great for school days, or if I need to dress them up with a blazer and maybe the aforementioned wedges for a meeting or conference. I can’t go for a jegging though, because my feet are too big. I wish I was joking about this.
7. Essie Nail Polish in Geranium – I love this colour for fall. It kind of goes with the changing leaves. It also makes my tan stand out for a couple more weeks.
What’s on your wish list for Fall?