I’ve kept it no secret that I have a deep affinity for spring. I love the flowers. I love the breeze. I love the sun. Most of all I love the ability to go outside and not worry about getting hypothermia. With spring, come some new spring clothes. Here are a few things I’ve picked up so far this spring
- I bought these shorts a few weeks ago. Both my best friend and I bought these because we loved them so much. They are from the Kendall and Kylie collection (kollection?) at PacSun. Regardless of your feelings about the Kardashians, there are some super cute things in their line.
- I got this brocade-embroidered shirt after seeing Nikki wear it on the hometown date episode of the latest season of the Bachelor. One of my favourite accounts on twitter, @Possessionista, posted where I could find it, and I had it purchased long before Juan Pablo said ‘adios’ to Renee.
- I got my pair of these pants on sale at PacSun, but these particular ones are from American Eagle. You can easily find them at basically every trendy store in the mall. I’ve been looking for the perfect pair for quite a while now. I didn’t want to spend a ridiculous amount on a pair of pants that were basically glorified pajamas. I love love love my pair. They’re basically roomier yoga pants. They can be dressed up or dressed down. I tried on a pair of patterned ones that I LOVED, but I ultimately went with plain black because they were a little more versatile.
- I know that black nail polish isn’t your traditional spring nail colour, but I’ve been looking for a good black nail polish for a while. If you’re a long time reader, you might remember the issue I ran into last time I tried black nail polish. I decided it was time for me to finally get over my fear of black nail polish in order for my own Lauren Conrad-esque nails. It went over much better this time.
- A friend of mine introduced me to the maxi trend last summer. I didn’t think I could pull it off, but I found a maxi dress last summer at Old Navy that I fell in love with, and I can’t wait to break it out again. I also spent the winter months perusing sales, looking for a plain, black maxi skirt. I finally found the perfect one for only $5 (originally $30!!). The particular one I bought has been long sold out (I picked up during some boxing week sale shopping), but you can find them all over the place. This one is from PacSun.
- Denim shorts are a spring/summer staple. I’ve been looking for a good pair for years now. I’ve hated the pair I have for forever, but just haven’t found the right ones to replace them. Earlier today while doing some research for this very blog post, I found what I was looking for. I had spotted these ones last week at American Eagle, but I just wasn’t feeling the price tag. I decided to wait it out, because their stuff usually goes on sale. Luckily for me, patience paid off, and there was a sale online. The idea of 40% off with free shipping seemed great to me, so I scooped them up while I still could. (The sale is on until 4/22! So go now!)
- I was never into matchy-matchy things, this definitely rings true when it comes to my bathing suits. I was looking for a new pair of bottoms to go with the top that I bought last year. I loved the bright colour of these bottoms, and thought it would pair well with the black top I already had.
These are a few of my favourite things for spring. I’m sure I’ll add a few more things to my wardrobe before the season is over, despite what is good for my bank account. What things have you bought and loved this spring?